The Path Towards Wholeness

"You can only lose what you cling to.”
-Buddha

As this year of 2015 is coming to a close, it is the end of three years of my weekly blogs and also the end of the year in which I explore a type of memoir to my father, the impact of family on my life and others, and what I am learning in my work with my patients. As December is here I am wondering what I want to write about in the coming year.  I am committed to helping myself and others live whole, happy and vital lives. Through the last three years, I have written about the factors that influence our development and ways to live as we wish to live on our paths to wholeness.

The path to wholeness lies in listening to our true selves, to separating our beliefs from our families and our communities and to actively working on ourselves and listening to those parts that carry our traumas so that we can learn from them instead of being limited by them. Then comes integrating all those parts.  I have written about the Family Constellation work as a tool in this process as well as integrating healing modalities to help us to listen to our souls in our bodies and to help us to heal the impact of old traumas in us, physically, mentally and spiritually. After three years of writing about this work through weekly blogs, I am at a crossroads as to how I want to continue writing as a way to help myself, as our work is continuous, and to share what I am learning with others. 

I have learned a lot through writing about my father and his life, through looking at the impact of my family on my life and others families on their lives, and through working with my patients. Many people say this and I know this to be true; I learn  at least as much or more from working with my patients as they do from me. I will continue to do my work and am honored and privileged to do so. I will find another format for my writing which I will share with you. In the meantime, which I also like to write about (in the meantime), as I do feel moved to write a blog I will also be posting the blogs online and on my Facebook page.

Our families are such fertile fields for us to do our deep work. I know many folks like to stay focused on the present, and the present is certainly important. I find that by looking into our past and the impact of our families on our lives, and by actively working on seeing and feeling how words, actions, beliefs, and events  have affected us, we can move into the present and the future with a much greater awareness of us and who we truly are. We can more easily work through our stresses and stressors and triggers and our reactions as we come to know ourselves and to stop giving ourselves away to others, stop allowing others to get into our private spaces and to know that it is us and only us, ourselves alone that are responsible for our lives. It is us that are ultimately our loving caretakers and as we step into our power we can actually live our whole, healthy and vital lives. We are responsible for the times we feel victimized by others and events. We are responsible for feeling sad and depressed. We are responsible for our unhappiness. And we are the ones that can do something about it. We certainly need help along our paths. Thankfully there are many tools and people we meet along the road that we can gain insight and assistance from. We are the ones who have to do the work. My life and work are about bringing helpful tools and interventions to others so that I can do my part in assisting others to live a life of their conscious choosing and not be victim to their unconscious choices. 

Thank you for being a part of this process with me. If I have been and am any help in your conscious journey I feel grateful. I will be in touch this year through intermittent blog posts, through my offerings which you can read in full on my website, www.bodypresencing.com., which include Chiropractic sessions, mentoring, workshops, Introductory afternoons of Constellations, my weekly words of body wisdom I post on Facebook, Skype and phone sessions, audio sessions, as well as through occasional postings of poems I have written and also excerpts of a book I am contemplating writing.

I love to say, and it is true, that I am available and like to be available. If you have any questions or concerns or insights or issues you would like to share or have some assistance with, I am only an email or phone call away. Stay tuned for my postings in the coming year! 

My email is gail@bodypresencing.com. My phone number is: 314-9959755


Let's all bring in the best New Year we possibly can.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venus and The Art of Love

The Ninth Key: The Power of Rest and Fallowness

The Tenth Key: The Power of Our Shadow Side