Are You A Slave To People Pleasing?


“The path to enlightenment is not a path at all, it’s actually a metaphor for the time it takes for you to allow yourself to be happy with who you already are, where you’re already at, and what you already have – no matter what.”
- James Dooley


People pleasing is a pattern that keeps repeating until we learn to unconditionally love ourselves and to love those in generations past.  It is essential that we come to see these patterns and see our part in continuing the patterns. This is a lot of what I do when I work with my clients. I first help them feel their feelings; which means feeling their pain and anxiety. Then I help them identify the repeating patterns that limit them for I believe we are a slave to whatever limits our freedom to live healthy and vital lives filled with passion and promise.


Small Lifestyle Changes that Promote Big Results:
Take a moment and look at your life. Is there a way that you try to please others instead of pleasing yourself first? How might you be a slave to pleasing others? Do you alter what you wear, what or how you eat, what you cook, what you do, your choice of job or career, or other things in order to please someone in your life?

If you are human, you probably do. But instead of berating yourself or them, just notice. Sit with that awareness for awhile. When it feels right, get a notebook or sheet of paper and write out what you would like to do for you instead, whatever that may be. Do this exercise for 5 minutes a day for a week, and keep what you write. Then, cut away, or fold away everything except for what pleasing yourself would look and feel like and keep that with you and read it every day until you no longer feel the need to. I like to keep such notes by my morning meditation window as I spend time there every morning.  Afterwards, I just say a bit heart felt thank you! Breathe it in.

I also recommend finding a source of beautiful pictures that represent those things that please and inspire you; pictures that make you feel good! That is one reason I love my new web site.  The pictures just make me smile, breathe, and feel good. Check out www.bodypresencing.com. And if you feel like it, drop me a line and let me know which pictures you like the most.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venus and The Art of Love

The Ninth Key: The Power of Rest and Fallowness

The Tenth Key: The Power of Our Shadow Side