'I Woke Up To A Red Sun' Poem

I Woke Up To A Red Sun


I woke up to a red sun peeking between the trees
The change of seasons is palpable
There is a sense of foreboding in the air
It is almost a quiet before the storm
As if the world knows anything can happen and is about to happen
The unthinkable is now thinkable as we sit on a precipice
 And I sit here entranced by the stillness and change of light and of being
My dog companion quietly puts her nose underneath my hand
As if to say, there is life and I am here; come back
Come back to the present of the red sun peeking between the trees,
the stillness in the air, the squirrels gathering their wares

Because life does go on


My soothing words of wisdom for the week is about your ancestors 🌙🌚


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venus and The Art of Love

The Tenth Key: The Power of Our Shadow Side

The Ninth Key: The Power of Rest and Fallowness