The Eleventh Body Presencing™ Key: The Power OF GRATITUDE


“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home,
and a stranger into a friend.”
                                                                                              Melody Beattie



November is the month we celebrate Thanksgiving and ironically the month in which we traditionally become stressed, overwhelmed, and irritable.  This year I suggest we look at the holidays in a way that fills us with joy, celebration, and gratitude!

Living in a state of gratitude means being aware of our strengths and our weaknesses, the good and the bad, and then consciously choosing how to view ourselves, others, and life in a way that adds rather than detracts from our sense of well-being and vitality. 

My first career was professional dancing.  I loved to dance. It made my soul sing. I am now older and while I would love to dance, to be able to move so beautifully, and to use it in my work in some way, I know that is no longer possible. The truth is my body can no longer move in those ways, probably never could move as gracefully and beautifully as those dancers in the television show, So you Think You Can Dance. I was never that flexible or that strong or had that much stamina.

Yes, I would like to dance. But the real question is can I find a way to use my strengths to bring these feelings that dance evokes in me to others? The answer to that question is, yes I can, but only if I stay in a place of gratitude.

In my work with clients I do a different kind of dancing.  I use my innate strengths to translate the language of the body so my clients can more deeply understand what is going on in their bodies. I use my intuition and medical abilities - as well as my knowledge of the body - to unlock and find answers to physical/spiritual/emotional issues that have blocked someone’s health. I help my clients open their bodies and their beliefs so that they can more fully hear the music of life and dance to the tune of their choosing.  And that is something to be grateful for!


Small Lifestyle Changes that Produce Big Results


Take out a piece of paper and a pen or pencil and write a list of all your strengths. They will increase the more you work with this. Next, write out all your weaknesses. They too will expand as you work with this.

Next write out what you like about yourself, and then what you don’t like about yourself. The next step is to combine all the above so you can easily see all your strengths and weaknesses.

The last step is to write out what you presently do with your life and then what you would like to do if you could. Find images for these things in magazines or on-line and then put together this whole mishmash as a collage that only makes sense to you and see what you come up with.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Venus and The Art of Love

The Ninth Key: The Power of Rest and Fallowness

The Tenth Key: The Power of Our Shadow Side